Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to remove a tree stump.
1 Use shovel to dig out any rocks from around the tree stump.
2 Start up the stump grinder and drive it close to the stump.
3 Raise the grinder's cutting wheel slightly above the stump.
4 Drive grinder forward a few inches, then lower its spinning cutting wheel into stump.
5 Using the machine's controls, swing cutting wheel from side to side, slowly nibbling away at stump.
6 Lower the cutting wheel a couple inches, and grind away some more of the stump.
7 Repeat this procedure until the grinder has removed the stump 6 inches below grade.
8 Raise the cutting wheel, advance the grinder forward a few inches, then lower the spinning wheel into the stump.
9 Continue to grind down the stump, and then advance forward until the entire stump has been removed to a depth of 6 inches.
10 Rake up all the wood chips.
11 Fill the stump hole with screened topsoil.
12 Spread grass seed over the topsoil.
13 Lightly rake the seed into the soil and water.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades