Watch this video from This Old House to learn how to remove crabgrass.
1 Adjust cutting depth of lawnmower to lowest setting and mow lawn; use bag to collect and discard all clippings.
2 Scrape the soil of all vegetation using a straight-edge shovel. 3 Use power rake to cut grooves into soil.
4 Spread ½-inch-deep layer of compost over soil; smooth with garden rake.
5 Apply starter fertilizer to compost using a drop spreader.
6 Use drop spreader to dispense grass seed onto compost.
7 Gently work grass seed into the compost with a plastic rake turned upside down.
8 Water the area lightly once or twice a day.
9 Next spring apply pre-emergent crabgrass control to the new lawn using drop spreader.
10 If some crabgrass returns, pull out individual plants by hand.
11 For larger lawns, use a pump sprayer to apply a post-emergent
crabgrass control directly to the weeds.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades