Team Member Trevor at Bunnings.com shows the average Joe how to render an effective paving job. On this particular day, Trevor guides viewers through simple instructions for laying a nice brick walk. He recommends starting with a foundation of coarse-grade sand, as the coarser grades pack better.
As Trevor shows, next you should use two lengths of PVC pipe as conduits for leveling off the sand. Once they are buried halfway in the sand, use a level to assure that the pipes are on the same plane. Then, employ a piece of timber, guided atop the two protruding conduits, to level off the sand. At the end of this phase, you must pull out the conduits and fill their holes with the leftover sand to make the entire area flat. After that, you're ready to lay your brick in the pattern you've chosen. Trevor selects Harringbone for his paving job.
Once you have finished laying your brick, you're ready to gently pound those bricks into place in the coarse sand beneath. Lastly, you should spread a finer grade of sand over the bricks in order to fill the cracks and set the joints, before pouring your concrete for the perimeter.
Now you're an expert! Face it. With this new walk, that you did yourself, your neighbors will be lime with envy.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades